Sunday, October 01, 2006

"Speak English or Die"

It's rare that I'm struck speechless by an image. But I'm afraid if I comment upon this, I'll use naughty words that will offend everybody who reads this blog. And my regular readers know I'm not adverse to using a bit o' salty language on occasion.

Lots of occasions, in fact.

But I'll just let the hateful people in this picture speak for themselves:

This photo and many other were taken by CT Blogger, who runs ConnecticutBLOG and also a Danbury-based blog called Hat City Blog. There was a march to support 11 undocumented aliens who were picked up and arrested recently when they were trying to make an honest living!

Meanwhile, we have a US Representative who had to resign because he wanted to perform illegal acts on a child, but he's still walking around free.

Good thing this country has a firm sense of proportion.

There is hope for the situation, I think. A good number of people showed up to support the immigrants in their struggle for an chance at the American Dream. Our nation was founded by the promise of opportunity.

Visit Hat City Blog to read CT Blogger's excellent coverage of the event, and also be sure to click here for the full set of CT Blogger's photos.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"suiciders"..."misunderestimated"..."mexed missages"/.. "terriers and bariffs"... "nuclear power pants"..."nucular"... "musta could've"... "We had a chance to visit with Teresa Nelson who's a parent, and a mom or a dad"... "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Regan Airport"... "We've got no better friend and ally than South Korea..." "In fact, until recently, America and The United States were enemies"... must I go on? I'd really hate to see Cheney as President...

CT Bob said...

Thank you for that completely off-topic message. Did you even READ the article you commented upon?

Listen, I agree that Cheney is bad, but fer god's sake, at least PRETEND to read my drivel!

Anonymous said...

"Our nation was founded by the promise of opportunity."

So robbing banks is ok? Its an opportunity too.

America is the land of laws first and foremost. We don't deny opportunities - we have embassies for that and immigration forms.

CT Bob said...

"So robbing banks is ok? Its an opportunity too."

That may be the stupidest thing anyone's ever written here.

Congratulations. You win the prize.

Anonymous said...

Hey.. I (Anon #1) was commenting on the fact that BUSH CAN'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH! Thus... BUSH would DIE.. and then Cheney would be president.. got it now?

Anonymous said...

that dude dressed in black looks like a neo nazi or something...scary...

CT Bob said...

Anon #1 - Ohhhhhh! I get it now! heh heh...wow, I couldn't figure out for the life of me what you were referring to! Now it makes sense. Fair enough.

Sorry to have lightly trashed you about it...I'm glad I showed a little restraint for once! LOL

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo. Using a little girl (holding a sign she could not even read) to promote your political agenda is very low indeed. Ilegal aliens are different from legal immigrants, because the illegals broke the law to get in here, while the legals followed our extremely difficult and arduous immigration policies and procedures. You cannot make an exception for Mexicans. Why allow them free entry to the USA and then disallow Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis? I am sure there must be 500 million Chinese, Africans, and Indians who would love to live in the "golden land."