Monday, November 20, 2006

The BBC Blogumentary

Spazeboy got a scoop about the supposed "blogumentary" that the BBC/Sundance boys are putting together.

James Rogan of Brook Lapping (a posh, extremely British documentary company), along with Will Dixon, were in CT for the Primary, and Will returned for the Election. The apparent subject of the blogumentary is going to be how bloggers operate in the political arena, and what influence (if any) we've had on the campaign.

Judging from the amount of footage they've shot, along with tape we've provided, there is every chance we'll look like citizen heroes on the forefront of a new wave of participatory political journalism.

Or, we may look like a bunch of total douchebags.

Really, they have enough video footage to easily create either impression, depending on their whims and the amount of revenge James wishes to exact upon me for the way I treated him, Will, and any loyal subject of the entire British Empire that happened to annoy me. My guess is we'll fall somewhere between the two extremes.

But if we end up looking like douchebags, I'm sure I'll be the one to get the most screen time!

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Tentative airdate is December 13th on The Sundance Channel. I'll post more info when I hear anything.

UPDATE: Word from Scarce is that the airdate will be on December 28th, and it'll be a one-hour documentary. I'll double check with James as we get into December, since he's probably still editing it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We DEFINITELY have to plan a big event around the premiere of the blogumentary...something involving a red carpet! :-) And lots and lots of champagne.

- Maura

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea Maura! If anyone forgets all of the great moments of this campaign, just take a trip through CTBob’s “archives” - a blogumentary worth celebrating!!!!

carterman said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see it. Now, I just need to find someone with the Sundance channel so I can watch it. I do not have a cable box let alone the Sundance channel.

Anonymous said...

MULTIPLE SITESacross the country! BIG SCREEN TV!

Pre-new years' reveling with campaign friends from all over the USA.

sulk and walk away? I don't think so, George Jepsen.

-GP-

fuzzyturtle said...

wow, you have an uncanny resemblence to Tony Blair...

CT Bob said...

I know; I thought I was looking into a mirror! LOL

Anonymous said...

FYI. Just so you're aware, it looks like Joe may have hacked your site. Earlier today, I tried to read the comments and got this message:

"Blogger Problem

This server is currently experiencing a problem. An engineer has been notified and will investigate.

Status code: 1-500-3

Please visit the Blogger status page or the Blogger Knowledge Base for further assistance."

I hope the FBI will be called in for an eight or nine month investigation! :)

CT Bob said...

While normally that would be the case, it's a well-known fact that Blogger regularly shits the bed without any notice whatsoever. If the FBI investigates this, they'll find that Blogger.com is the guilty party.

I've been thinking about switching to another service, except I'm not all that crazy about Wordpress either. Maybe Soapblox, if I ever get around to researching it.